- 9/25 and 9/27: Zotero Workshops
At Gandhi 303A from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. We will download Zotero and explore useful features that will help organize and cite your research resources.
- 9/17-9/20: Intro to Research workshops
At Gandhi 303A from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. Take the hands-on workshop that will help you make the most of the library's resources. While these can be stand alone workshops, attending all four will increase your introductory research experience.
- - Choosing a topic or a particular aspect of an assigned topic can be a challenging process. Learn how to ask probing questions that lead to discovery and ultimately formulate your thesis statement. (Tue 9/17)
- - Research is a journey down many different paths. To minimize your frustration and maximize your effort, learn how to come up with key search terms and use different search tools to get the resources that you need. (Wed 9/18)
- - Sources need to be authoritative and relevant to your topic. Learn how to be critical evaluators of resources in order to determine which ones to use in your research. (Thu 9/19)
- - Information is an intellectual and economic commodity that is protected by U.S. Law. Learn how and when to give credit to information creators through proper citation of sources. (Fri 9/20)