Please remember that the ILL items need to be mailed back to the lending library. It is important that the books be returned on time to Ikeda Library so that the books arrive at the lending institutions on time as well.
- An individual item’s loan period is set by the lending institution. The average loan period is generally 4 weeks.
- A fine of 25 cents per day per item is accrued on late books, up to $10. A replacement fee will be required if the book is not returned or is lost. The patron is responsible for any other fines and replacement fees accessed by the lending library in the case of late, damaged, or lost books.
- Courtesy overdue notices are sent 7 times: 3 days before the due date, 1 day after the due date, and every 2 days thereafter for 10 days.
- ILL items are subject to recall from the lending institution any time. Upon request, they must be returned to Ikeda Library immediately.
- ILL items must be returned directly to the Circulation Desk.
- Renewals for ILL materials are at the discretion of the lending institution. Renewal requests must be submitted at least 3 days prior to the due date. You can request renewals online.