Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please Check the Library's Holdings First
Before making a request, please search the library catalog to make sure that the item is not available at Ikeda Library. You can also search Google Scholar by article title to see if the articles you seek are available for free PDF download.
A few more things to note:
- Ikeda Library does not charge patrons for interlibrary loans. However, the lending library usually charges SUA up to $20 per item, so please be selective when making requests.
- Interlibrary Loan books cannot be transferred between patrons. The item will be checked out only to the person who originally requested the book.
- ILL items are subject to recall by the lending institution at any time. Upon request, they must be returned immediately.
- Additional Fees: The patron is responsible for any other fines and replacement fees accessed by the lending library.
- Support your public library! You can get a library card and borrow materials from the local public libraries.
Students, staff, and faculty of SUA have immediate access to the library’s print and media collections; and to the over 500,000 eBooks and periodicals available online through the library’s subscription databases. As even the most extensive library collections are not able to contain all the resources our campus scholars may need, the library supplements its holdings by offering the campus community interlibrary loan (ILL) services. As a member of the largest world-wide resource sharing network of libraries, OCLC WorldShare, Ikeda Library is able to borrow books and periodical articles from other libraries at no charge to our campus community. Periodical articles are typically delivered by email, and books are mailed to the library and then checked out from there to the patron.
InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Forms
You can request items directly from the Ikeda Library catalog/Discovery or databases.
- From the catalog/Discovery, search and click the link
- From databases, search and click the link
If you can't find the ILL request links like those above, please use the forms below. For any questions, contact Gosha Domagala, Interlibrary Loan and Course Reserves Coordinator at (949) 480-4109.