Provides information about antagonism and reconciliation in all contexts of public and personal life. Covers topics such as arms control, peace movements, child abuse, folklore, terrorism and political assassinations.
Explore this database of encyclopedias and reference sources for multidisciplinary research. It includes titles by Gale, CQ, Elsevier, Facts on File, Sage, Springer, University Presses, Wiley-Blackwell, and more. All subjects are covered.
For a list of titles currently available, click on Title List at top right.
The library subscribes to 48 multi-volume Oxford encyclopedias. Click "more" below for the title list.
1. Dictionary of Caribbean and Afro-Latin American Biography
2. Dictionary of Modern American Philosophers
3. Encyclo. of Africa
4. Encyclo. of African American History, 1619-1895
5. Encyclo. of African American History, 1896 to the Present
6. Encyclo. of Climate and Weather
7. Encyclo of Human Rights
8. Encyclo. of Mammals
9. Encyclo. of Underwater Life
10. Encyclo. of Religion and Nature
11. Encyclo. of Social Work
12. Encyclo. of the Enlightenment
13. International Encyclo. of Dance
14. International Studies Encyclopedia
15. Grove Book of Opera Singers
16. Grove Encyclo. of American Art
17. Grove Encyclo. of Classical Art and Architecture
18. Grove Encyclo. of Decorative Arts
19. Grove Encyclo. of Materials and Techniques in Art
20. Grove Encyclo. of Northern Renaissance Art
21. New Encyclo. of Birds
22. New Oxford Companion to Economics in India
23. New Oxford Companion to Law
24. New Oxford Companion to Literature in French
25. Oxford Companion to Architecture
26. Oxford Companion to American Literature
27. Oxford Companion to American Politics
28. The Oxford Companion to Cheese
29. Oxford Companion to Comparative Politics
30. Oxford Companion to English Literature
31. Oxford Companion to Philosophy
32. Oxford Companion to the American Musical
33. Oxford Companion to the Photograph
34. Oxford Companion to World Mythology
35. Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
36. The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church (4 ed.)
37. Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion
38. Oxford Encyclo. of African Thought
39. Oxford Encyclo of Food and Drink in America
40. Oxford Encyclo. of Latinos and Latinas in the United States
41. Oxford Encyclo of the Bible and Gender Studies
42. Oxford Encyclo. of the Books of the Bible
43. Oxford Encyclo. of the Islamic World
44. Oxford Encyclo. of Theatre and Performance
45. Oxford Encyclo. of Women in World History
46. Oxford Essential Quotations
47. Oxford International Encyclo. of Legal History
48. Oxford International Encyclo. of Peace
Developed cooperatively with scholars and librarians worldwide, Oxford Bibliographies offers exclusive, authoritative research guides. For the list of subjects covered in our subscription, click "more..." below.
African American Studies
Latin American Studies
Peace Journals available onlne from the Ikeda Library
An interdisciplinary and international peer reviewed bimonthly journal of scholarly work in peace research. Journal of Peace Research strives for a global focus on conflict and peacemaking. The journal encourages a wide conception of peace, but focuses on the causes of violence and conflict resolution. From Publisher Date Range: 01/01/1999 - present
Peer-reviewed and published eight times a year, JCR has provided scholars and researchers with the latest studies and theories on the causes of and solutions to the full range of human conflict. From Publisher Date Range: 02/01/1999 - present
Journal of Peace Education is transdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and intercultural. It aims to link theory and research to educational practice and is committed to furthering original research on peace education, theory, curriculum and pedagogy. From Publisher Date Range 03/01/2004 - present
This resource covers issues in the public debate discussed in a wide variety of international sources including journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference papers, and web content. The coverage is 1914 to present.
This resource provides a worldwide focus, reflecting the globalization of contemporary political discourse. Subject include comparative politics, humanitarian issues, international relations, law and legislation, non-governmental organizations and political theory.
It contains full text for more than 550 journals, along with indexing and abstracting for over 2,900, including top-ranked scholarly journals, many of which are unique to the product. Full-text reference books, monographs, and conference papers are also included.
Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites. The Military & Government Collection provides cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for more than 400 titles.
Sign up for UN Wire email newsletter. It delivers a daily snapshot of the myriad news stories that touch on the work of the UN, including diplomacy, humanitarian relief, addressing climate change and fighting disease and poverty.