Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Learning Outcomes of Ikeda Library Information Literacy Program
Adapted from Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education (ACRL, 2016)
An information literate individual is able to:
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the value of information, and access and use information ethically and legally
Through collaboration with the faculty, the library is pursuing its mission of promoting information literacy.
Instructional sessions are held in the library's instruction room in Gandhi 303A with the Instruction Librarian. In collaboration with the faculty, these sessions may also be conducted in regular classrooms.