Skip to main content
Loan Rules for Reserve Items
- Loan period: 2, 4, or 6 hours; however there are some exceptions when requested by professors.
- Renewals: The online renewal form is not available for reserve items. However, they may be checked out again at the Circulation Desk if no one has requested them.
- Late fine: 25 cents per day per item up to replacement cost or $10 if the item is returned
- An academic hold will be placed when overdue library fines are applied. Borrowers with academic restrictions will not be able to register for classes or obtain transcripts or diplomas. To remove the hold, the payment must be made by check or cash at Circulation Desk in the library.
- Additional Fees: A library item that is overdue longer than 10 days is assumed damaged/lost. Borrowers are responsible for $10 of overdue fines and the following fees unless the item is returned in good condition.
- Replacement cost: the amount listed in the order record or the list price suggested by library vendors
- Processing fee: $10 for acquiring and cataloging a replacement copy
- Courtesy overdue notices are sent 7 times: 1 hour before the due time, 1 hour after the due time, and then subsequently every 2 hours for five times.